Wraparound Play Worker
We are seeking to appoint a friendly and caring individual to join our school family at Stapeley Broad Lane CE Primary. We provide high-quality, inclusive play and care-centred opportunities for children between the ages of 3-11 years in a safe and secure environment. In return, we can offer a friendly and supportive staff, engaging children, supportive parents and tailored programme of CPD. We can also offer free childcare at the setting for your own primary-aged children.
The candidate does not need any experience for this role but must have a passion for working with children.
Main duties include:
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
- Prioritise the safeguarding of all children in your care.
- Providing comprehensive care for the children, including greeting them after school and delivering them safely to parents or careers at the end of the day.
- Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
- Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health, and safety standards are met.
- Administering first aid when necessary.
- Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, and schools.
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
- Working within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures.
- Using creativity and imagination to deliver innovative activities for children.
- A passion for working with children.
- Ability to provide a safe and nurturing environment for children.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Outstanding punctuality and attendance.
- Appropriate Level 2 or 3 qualification in childcare.
- Experience of working within a play-based setting.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Appropriate child protection training.
- Current Paediatric First Aid Certificate.
- Food Hygiene Certificate.
Job Type: Part-time Salary: £11.50 per hour
Contract type and grade: Permanent Contract
After School Club: 3pm-5.30pm (Monday - Friday) 12.5 hours (Term time)
Optional Breakfast Club: 7:30am-8:30/8.45am (Monday - Friday) (Term time)
Opportunities for extra work during the school holidays
Closing date (and time): Noon Wednesday 20th December 2023 Interview date: Expected to be Wednesday 10th January 2024 Commencement date: Immediate start (to be negotiated)
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact us to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Working Monday to Friday 5.5 hours per day over the lunch time period.
As Cook Manager you will prepare and serve nutritious hot and cold food in accordance with menu requirements,
You will lead a small team of kitchen assistants to ensure a smooth running of the service.
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check paid for by the company and will require 2 satisfactory references.
27.5 hours per week over 5 days term time only.