In April 2013, we converted to academy status, meaning we get our funding direct from the Education Funding Agency along with a number of other "freedoms".
One of these freedoms means that we don't have to follow the National Curriculum, but are able to develop our own. In reality, our pupils will sit National tests based on the new curriculum and will transfer to the same High Schools as those in maintained schools. We, therefore, follow the Literacy and Numeracy elements of the National Curriculum, but are more creative with the content and progression of the other subjects.
As an academy, we have to publish certain information throughout the financial year and must lodge our accounts with Companies House. We have a Funding Agreement with the Secretary of State; lease the land from East Cheshire Borough Council (for a peppercorn rent) and have a Supplemental Ageement with Chester Diocese to use the buildings for educational purposes.
Three of our governors are trustees of the academy and a further trustee is nominated by the Diocese.
- Current memorandum of association
- Articles of association
- Funding agreement
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Charity trustees' and members' names
In addition, as an academy, we have to publish certain financial information on our website.
- Year end accounts (December 2014)
- Year end accounts (December 2015)
- Year end accounts (December 2016)
- Year end accounts (December 2017)
- Value for Money Statement 2013
- Value for Money Statement 2014