Curriculum & Class Info - Class 1
Our topic for this term is 'Now and then'
This is a history based topic, looking at toys, houses and household items from the past and comparing them to the same item today.
Where appropriate, we will link them to other curriculum areas such as Art and ICT.
Animals including humans.
Non-fiction- Labels, lists and invitations.
Narrative - Stories with familiar settings.
Key objectives for each unit for the Autumn term are outlined below.
Number bonds to 10.
- Add and Subtract 1 to a 2 digit number.
- Subtract within 10.
- Adding within 10.
Number: Place Value.
- Count to twenty, forwards and backwards, beginning with 0 or 1, or from any given number.
- Count, read and write numbers to 20 in numerals and words.
- Identify and represent numbers using objects and pictorial representations including the number line, and use the language of: equal to, more than, less than, most and least.
- Given a number, identify 1 more or 1 less.
Number : Addition and subtraction.
- Represent and use number bonds and related subtraction facts within 10.
- Read, write and interpret mathematical statements involving addition (+), subtraction (-) and equals (=) signs.
- Add and subtract one digit numbers to 10, including zero.
- Solve one step problems that involve addition and subtraction, using concrete objects and pictorial representations and missing number problem.
- Recognise and name common 2-D and 3-D shpaes.
Tricky words and spelling.
The children will initially be sent home with tricky words to read from the Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 tricky word list. Once they can confidently read all the words they will then be sent home in their spelling book for them to learn to spell. Spelling Investigation homework will be sent home each week linked to letters and sounds.
Children are responsible for changing their own books, this will usually take place in the morning.
Children will either be heard individually by an adult or in a guided reading group at least once a week.
They will be bench-marked at least once a term. Bench marking will take place when children
demonstrate the necessary skills during guided reading.
PE is on a Wednesday afternoon with Mr.Cura and Thursday morning with Ms Holmes.