Curriculum & Class Info - Class 1
Our topic for this term is 'Uk and Europe'
This is a geography based topic, looking at the Countries in the UK, using London as a main focus. We will be looking at the differences between towns and countryside. We will then move onto Europe, main focus France and Spain.
Where appropriate, we will link them to other curriculum areas such as Art and ICT.
Seasonal Changes - Winter to Spring, Spring to Summer.
Non-fiction- Letters, persuasive writing, information texts.
Narrative - Writing stories.
Poetry - Humorous poems.
Netball, rounders and athletics.
Key objectives for each unit for the Summer term are outlined below.
Number bonds to 20.
- Subtract any 1 digit number from any 2 digit number.
- Add any 1 digit number to any 2 digit number.
- Finding how many 'sets of' a smaller number make a bigger number.
- Recognise half and quarter of an object, shape or quantity.
Number: Place Value.
- Count to and across100, forwards and backwards, beginning with 0 or 1, or from any given number.
- Count, read and write numbers to 100 in numerals.
- Identify and represent numbers using objects and pictorial representations including the number line, and use the language of: equal to, more than, less than, most and least.
- Given a number, identify 1 more or 1 less.
Number: Multiplication and Division.
- Count in multiples of twos, fives and tens.
- Solve one step problems that involve multiplication and division, by calculation the answer using concrete objects, pictorial representations and arrays with support of the teacher.
- Recognise and know the value of different denominations of coins and notes.
- Sequence events in chronological order.
- Recognise and use language relating to dates, including days of the week, weeks,months, and years.
- Tell the time to the hour and half past the hour and draw the hands on a clock face to show these times.
- Compare, describe and solve practical problems for time.
- Measure and begin to record time.
- Recognise, find and name a half as one of two equal parts of an object, shape or quantity.
- Recognise, find and name a quarter as one of four equal parts of an object, shape or quantity.
- Compare, describe and solve practical problems for: lengths and heights, mass and weight.
Tricky words and spelling.
The children will initially be sent home with tricky words to read from the Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 tricky word list. Once they can confidently read all the words they will then be sent home in their spelling book for them to learn to spell. Spelling Investigation homework will be sent home each week linked to letters and sounds.
Children are responsible for changing their own books, this will usually take place in the morning.
Children will either be heard individually by an adult or in a guided reading group at least once a week.
They will be bench-marked at least once a term. Bench marking will take place when children
demonstrate the necessary skills during guided reading.
PE is on a Monday afternoon with Mr.Cura and Thursday morning with Ms Holmes.